A Message from Ms. Diana
I plan to update this page over the next few days with all the information you will need to be ready for the 10th Anniversary Spring Gala. Please reference this page I will try my best to be as detailed as possible. If you have any questions please write them down and I will answer them during a brief Q&A on Saturday, May 20th before we begin the rehearsal. This will make my life much easier as the workload is heavy this time of the year.
Volunteers Signup… We need your help!
Our volunteers are an important part of the success of our performance. We are looking for help from our parents before, during, and after the performance. It is an integral part of our production. The more parents that help with all of this the easier it is for all of us.
Set-up Crew (6 spots available)- Arrive at 8:45 am to assist with unloading our truck at the theatre and making sure everything is ready for dress rehearsal. We could use some of our awesome dance dads!!
Clean-up Crew (10 spots available)- Stay after the performance ends to help take down tables, collect trash and other items as well as assist with loading of the truck. We could also use a few helpers and the studio to unload the truck.
Dressing Room Moms (8 spots available)– 2 Moms will be assigned to each dressing room to make sure the dressing room is set up before the show, and make sure all the costumes (outfit & headpiece) for the dancers assigned to the dressing room are accounted for, make sure that only adults with backstage passes are entering their dressing room. At the end of the performance, they are responsible for cleaning up their assigned dressing room and releasing their dancers to their parents.
Ticket Takers (6 spots available)– Collect tickets from every audience member ages 2 and up; Direct patrons who need tickets to the Box Office; Remind audience members not to bring food or drink into the theater; Hand out programs. Ticket Takers should be the last to get to their seats.
Box Office ( 2 spots available)- Needs to be available at least 2 hours before the start of the show to open for will call and ticket sales.
Ushers (5 spots available)- Assist guests prior to the start of the show to find their seats.
Studio Shoppe (6 spots available)– Set up Concessions in the lobby 2 hours prior to doors opening for the performance; Work the concessions table during intermission and end of the performance as well as pack everything to transport the week of the show and after the show.
Program Advertisement Reservation
We are offering our dance families and friends along with local business owners the opportunity to purchase an AD in our beautiful program. We have a limited space but the sale of ads helps cover the cost of our programs. Our full-color, glossy, highest-quality program provides exposure to a captive audience of hundreds of potential customers. Promote your business, support your dedicated dancer….or both!
A Business Ad may be purchased to promote your business.
A Love Ad may be purchased by family or friends to show love and support for all their hard work. Love ads are a great surprise to your dancer or even a teacher!
The prices for our ad spaces are listed below:
- -$600.00 Back Cover
- -$400.00 Inside Front or Back Cover
- -$250.00 Full Page (size: 4.75” x 7.5”)
- -$175.00 Half Page (size: 4.75”x 3.625”)
- -$100.00 Quarter Page (size: 2.25”x 3.625”)
If you need assistance in creating your ad please send all information via email to email@example.com by Friday, May 26th and we will create your ad for a $50 charge
All Hi Resolution ads need to be emailed to Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, May 31st.
The information below should make the ticket purchasing process as smooth as possible. READ CAREFULLY AND PREPARE FOR THE PROCESS. I am unable to make any changes or assist in any way once tickets go on sale.
What I can tell you is that the best seat in this theatre is in the middle section in between the two large aisles. This theatre is stadium seating, so the farther back you sit the better. Sitting in the very front row while it is lovely is a bit too close to get the whole view, like at a movie theatre.
A few things to know before sale day:
- –Tickets go on sale May 15th at 10:00 am
- -Our shows are approximately 90-120 minutes in length including intermission.
- -Dancers participating will not need a ticket for the Spring Gala. They will remain backstage the entire performance so that parents can enjoy the show.
- -The best seats in the theatre are in Row D thru Row N
- -If your child is in our Level 1 Pre-Ballet Class, I ask that you please sit further back so that they can’t see you in the audience and cause a reaction. I would say anything behind row D will work.
- –All audience members need a ticket to enjoy our performance. It is up to you to use your best discretion about leaving infants and small children at home. If small audience members cannot sit quietly for that length of time it would be best to leave them at home. Remember that disruptions in the audience make it extremely hard on the students trying to perform on stage and are distracting to other audience members who have also paid for tickets and traveled to see our performance.
- –LAP SITTING IS NOT ALLOWED BY THE THEATRE FIRE CODE.
- –Should you wish your party to sit together at the theatre, please purchase tickets altogether. We cannot guarantee seats otherwise.
- -Should you need any assistance during the purchasing process, please call Tutu Tix directly at 855-222-2TIX(2849). I am unable to make any changes or assist once tickets go on sale.
Ticket Purchasing Instructions:
- Watch this video to learn more about buying tickets through TutuTix: https://vimeo.com/60568395
- If you do not have one, please be sure to create an account with Tutu Tix prior to tickets going on sale. This will ensure no additional delays. Visit https://buy.tututix.com/thestudionola and click on the person icon on the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- You can purchase tickets in any of the following ways:
- Go to our special TutuTix page on your computer, tablet, or smartphone at https://buy.tututix.com/thestudionola
- Go to our Facebook https://fb.me/e/3iCDWKYWz and click the “Find Tickets” tab at the top, or
- Just call 855-222-2TIX (2849)
Ticket prices will be:
- -Adult Reserved Ticket $30.00 plus taxes and fees
- –Child Reserved Ticket $25.00 plus taxes and fees
Note that you will need a credit or debit card to buy tickets and that tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. So, buy early to get better seats!
Should you need any assistance during the purchasing process, please call Tutu Tix directly at 855-222-2TIX (2849). I am unable to make any changes or assist once tickets go on sale.
You’ll have several options for how you want your ticket delivered. You can have it emailed to you, sent to your mobile phone internet browser, and even add it to your Apple Passbook (if you have the latest iPhone software) at no charge! Or, you can choose to have TutuTix mail you foil-embossed keepsake tickets for an additional fee– with your dancer’s name printed directly on the ticket!
Awards Brunch & Art Exhibit
Cast List & Order of Show
Please review our cast list and check the spelling of your dancer. If there is a misspelling, please email us at email@example.com with the correction as soon as possible as we are working on our programs.
Hoe Down– Amaya Armenta, Sakura Casey, Maeve Graffagnini Quinn Mattei, Sara-Rachelle Robinson Andrea Silva, Reagan Stephens
Jazz Waltz No. 2 – Ileana D’Avanzo, Quinn France, Maeve Graffagnini, Ingrid Griener, Aubyn Miller, Claire Min, Claire Nobles, Katie Ortolano, Ann Catherine Schilling
Cool Girl– Vivian Palmer, Andrea Silva
Levitating- Madeleine Dominique, Madelyn Lambert, Zosia Lubecki
Just Out of Reach– Sakura Casey, Maeve Graffagnini, Sara-Rachelle Robinson, Andrea Silva
Clap Snap– Quinn LaCava, Elena Murphy, Audrey Stephens
Infra– Amaya Armenta, Sakura Casey, Quinn France, Maeve Graffagnini, Ingrid Griener, Ann Catherine Schilling, Andrea Silva
Day One– Madeleine Dominique, Molly Guillot, Emerson Morel
Interdependence– Amaya Armenta, Sakura Casey, Maeve Graffagnini, Danae Hartdegen, Quinn Mattei, Sara-Rachelle Robinson, Reagan Stephens
Petite Ballerinas– Reagan Stephens, Andrea Silva, Audrey Burns, Katherine Cedor, Ellie Davillier, Aubrey DeBlois, Camille DeBlois, Elizabeth Delord, Ivy Dennis, Lavena Ferras, Catalina Fuentes, Adrianna Ganci, Lincoln Hardeman, Charlotte Huck, Frances Johnson, Lorelai Johnson, Lucia Larsen, Remington Larsen, Ela Lubecki, Chloe Min, Sydney Pettingill, Kaia Pingalore, Yancie Valera
INTERMISSION (20 MIN)
Milonga– Olivia Monnerjahn, Vivian Palmer, Andrea Silva
Are We There– Ileana D’Avanzo, Quinn France, Maeve Graffagnini, Ingrid Griener, Bryanna Guerra, Aubyn Miller, Claire Nobles
Harlequinade Variation– Andrea Silva
Work Hard, Play Hard– Sakura Casey, Maeve Graffagnini, Emile Mattei
Bailando– Ileana D’Avanzo, Sara-Rachelle Robinson
It’s for the Better– Sakura Casey, Ingrid Griener, Andrea Silva, Reagan Stephens
Feuerfest Polka– Valentina Aguilar, Yaeliz Alaniz, Adley Dejan, Addison Fullmer, Olivia Garcia, Bryanna Guerra, Molly Guillot, Anne Huck, Hayley LaCava, Quinn LaCava, Madelyn Lambert, Zosia Lubecki, Mary Macias, Emerson Morel, Elena Murphy, Ann Catherine Schilling, Audrey Stephens, Mila Tanguis, Juliette Trepagnier, Miriam Ungar
Falling Forward– Amaya Armenta, Sakura Casey, Maeve Graffagnini, Quinn Mattei, Sara-Rachelle Robinson, Andrea Silva, Reagan Stephens
Valentina Aguilar, Amaya Armenta, Sakura Casey, Ileana D’Avanzo, Quinn France, Olivia Garcia,
Maeve Graffagnini, Ingrid Griener, Bryanna Guerra, Quinn LaCava, Madelyn Lambert, Zosia Lubecki, Mary Macias, Aubyn Miller, Sara-Rachelle Robinson, Ann Catherine Schilling, Andrea Silva, Audrey Stephens, Reagan Stephens, Juliette Trepagnier
-END OF SHOW-
Spring Gala Checklist
Please use this checklist as a reference to prepare for our performance. Make sure to label all of your belongings.
• Eyelashes/ Eyelash Glue (Level 3/4/5/6)
• Loose Powder
• Red Lipstick
• Makeup Brushes
• Makeup Remover
• Q-tips & Cotton Balls
*Eyeshadow should be Dark Brown for the crease and medium brown for the lid and white to highlight.
• Hair Elastics (must be the same color as hair)
• Bobby Pins
• Hair Nets (must be the same color as hair)
• Hair Pins (must be the same color as hair)
• Fine Tooth Comb
• Costume with headpiece (will be at the theater)
• Ballet Pink Tights (make sure to have extra)
• Black Jazz Shoes (Latin Level 2 & Jazz)
• Ballet Shoes
• Pointe Shoes
• Black Hip Hop Sneakers
• Nude Latin Heels ( Level 4)
• Earrings (will be at the theatre, NDP only)
• Nude Leotard (in case the costume is itchy)
• Skin Tone Pasties (level 3/4/5/6)
• Sewing Kit
• Extra Tights
• Safety Pins
• Nail Clippers
• Nail File
- The link below is a good reference tool when applying makeup to your dancer.
- Please remember that the makeup will need to be applied heavier than daily wear because we want to make sure that their features are defined on the stage.
- I highly recommend using Lip-sense Lipstick or something that does not smudge. This lipstick is the best thing invented since sliced bread. You can apply it to your kids and not have to worry about them rubbing it off or getting it all over their costumes
• All dancers are required to wear their hair as shown in the picture below.
• I will demonstrate how to create this during your dancer’s class.
• I recommend that you practice this hairdo during performance week so that you can get used to doing it.
• If you still have trouble, please arrive early to the theatre and I will try to do their hair for you.
In Studio Rehearsal Week– Monday, June 5-9
Below is our MANDATORY rehearsal schedule for the week of the show. These rehearsals are extremely important to make sure we have put the finishing touches on all the pieces before we head to the theatre. Please arrive on time on your assigned date. Dancers must stay the entire time. We plan to run pieces a few times.
- Monday, June 5 (5:00-6:30 pm) ACT 1
- Tuesday, June 6 (5:00-6:30 pm)- ACT 2
- Wednesday, June 7 (5:00-7:00 pm) ACT 1 & ACT 2
- Thursday, June 8 – NO REHEARSAL
- Friday, June 9th – Tech and Dress Rehearsal at Loyola University (please reference the schedule below)
Tech/ Dress Rehearsal Rules and Information
Dress rehearsal is MANDATORY for all dancers participating in the 10th Anniversary Spring Gala. During rehearsals, all participants are to remain with their classmates in a designated area, and during the gala, all participants must remain backstage for the entire show. They must stay with their classmates and backstage volunteers.
DATE: FRIDAY, JUNE 9th
LOCATION: Louis J. Roussel Performance Hall 6301 St Charles Ave #6399, New Orleans, LA 70118
TIMES: Times are listed below. Please arrive early as there is a chance that we will be ahead of schedule. We prefer that you wait on us than we wait on you. PLEASE NOTE: We will try to stick to this schedule but times are subject to change. ALL TIMES CHANGES WILL BE ANNOUNCED VIA OUR FACEBOOK MEMBER PAGE. Please be patient with us and do not plan any extra activities on this day. It is important for all dancers to be focused and rested for the task at hand. We will try to rehearse and run the dances in order with lights and sound if we have time.
DRESS REHEARSAL RULES:
- DRESS REHEARSAL IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. We will allow one parent per family to attend the dress rehearsal. Please do not bring siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. to dress rehearsal.
- Please DO NOT drop off children for dress rehearsal. Parents must accompany their children at all times.
- Hair must be in a proper studio bun. Please reference the photo below.
- Costumes are not allowed to leave the backstage area
- There is NO eating or drinking in costume. Water is allowed in the Theatre
- Please remove all jewelry (earrings, rings, necklaces, bracelets, etc.) nail polish of any color, sticky tattoos, and stamps.
- Make sure that all your personal items are labeled. The Studio School of Dance, Louis J. Roussel Performance Hall, and Loyola University of New Orleans are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- The recording of our dress rehearsal is NOT PERMITTED. This is to protect the rights of the choreographer.
- Parents are free to take photos of the dancers while on stage as long as no flash is used, and it is not a distraction. Please do not post photos until after the completion of our show.
Tech/ Dress Rehearsal Schedule
Friday, June 9th at Louis J. Roussel Performance Hall
Please arrive early as there is a chance that we will be ahead of schedule. We prefer that you wait on us than we wait on you. PLEASE NOTE: We will try to stick to this schedule but times are subject to change. ALL TIMES CHANGES WILL BE ANNOUNCED VIA OUR FACEBOOK MEMBER PAGE. Please be patient with us and do not plan any extra activities on this day. It is important for all dancers to be focused and rested for the task at hand. We will try to rehearse and run the dances in order with lights and sound if we have time
• 8:45 am Setup Crew arrives to unload truck with Peter
• 9:00-9:45 am Milonga Tango / Harlequinade Variation
• 9:30-10:45 am Infra / It’s for the Better/ Just Out of Reach
• 10:30-11:30 am Petite Ballerina
• 11:15-12:00 pm Hoe Down
• 11:45-12:30 pm Feuerfest Polka
• 12:15-1:00 pm Jazz Waltz No. 2
• 12:45-1:45 pm Blue Danube
• 1:45-2:30 pm Lunch Break
• 2:15-2:45 pm Cool Girl
• 2:30-3:15 pm Interdependence
• 3:00-4:00 pm Are We There Yet / Clap Slap
• 3:45-4:45 pm Day One/ Bailando
• 4:30-5:45 pm Levitating / Work Hard, Play Hard
• 5:30-6:30 pm Falling Forward
• 6:30-7:30 pm Extra Buffer Time
Performance Day Information
Backstage Rules for Adults
• NO MEN (dads and male dancers included) are allowed in female dressing rooms. This is to protect the privacy of all dancers.
• Pre-Ballet & Level 2 parents will each receive ONE backstage pass to enter the backstage area to assist with the dressing of their child before their performance. Access will be limited to before and after the show and during intermission. Access to the backstage area during the performance is not allowed. NO MEN will be allowed to use the backstage pass. Passes will be handed out at dancer check-in prior to the performance on Saturday, June 10th at 3:30 pm.
• No adults that are not assigned as dressing rooms moms are allowed in Level 3 or higher dressing rooms one hour before the performance begins.
• No parents with dancers Level 3 or higher should be backstage during the warm-up class.
• Dressing rooms are for dressing and not parents applying makeup to students.
• NO PICTURES may be taken in dressing rooms to ensure the privacy and comfort of all our dancers.
• No Parents in Level 3+ dressing rooms – all dancers should be able to dress. If assistance is needed beyond the assistance of the backstage crew, the student should be placed in a Level 2 dressing room for parent assistance.
• At the end of the performance, Pre-ballet & Level 2 mothers with passes may pick up their child from the dressing room once the dressing room mom
• Level 3+ parents should wait in the theater for their child to dress and be released to meet their parents. The backstage dressing room crew will release each group after their dressing rooms are cleaned and tidy.
Dancer’s Backstage Rules
• All dancers must be dressed for the show by 4:30 pm
• All dancers will wait in the “holding area” for their group to be called up to perform.
• Dancers are not allowed to roam the backstage area alone.
• Dancers are expected to keep a clean backstage area and pick up after themselves.
• All dance bags should be put on the floor so that any table space can be used for getting ready.
• Personal items should be packed and kept tidy to allow space for students that are changing between dances.
• Costumes should always be hung when not on your body.
• Dancers’ negligence to hang up costumes or pick up after themselves may result in a required paid backstage etiquette class (levels 3+ dancers)
• No outside food will be permitted in the backstage area. This will allow us to keep costumes and the backstage area clean. Should your dancer need a beverage, please make sure it’s water and in a sealed container
Saturday, June 10th Timeline
• 1:30 pm Arrive to Finish Setup
• 2:00 pm NOLA DANCE PROJECT (Level 3/4/5/6) Call Time
• 2:30-3:30 pm NOLA DANCE PROJECT (Level 3/4/5/6) Company Warmup Class
• 3:30 pm Arrival of Dancers
• 4:30 pm All Dancers Dressed and Moved to the “Holding Tank”
• 4:30 pm Doors Open
• 5:00 pm Show Starts
• 7:00 pm Approximately Show Ends
• 8:00 pm Break down and Clean Up
Please ensure all your guests are aware of performance audience etiquette. Should a guest choose not to follow this rule Security will escort that audience member out of the auditorium and the audience member will not be allowed to return. This would be very disruptive for the performers, embarrassing for the guest, and uncomfortable for everyone. You are responsible for the guests you invite or bring to the Spring Gala. Please inform them ahead of time of the rules and etiquette for audience members.
- No Food or Beverage is allowed in the theatre.
- This is not a school fair performance. You are buying a ticket for the entire performance, please plan to stay for the entire show.
- Do not stand up during performances as it is distracting to dancers and family members trying to watch their performers.
- If there is a need to leave the auditorium, wait until the dance is finished and exit during a break between dances. If security notices someone continually going in and out of his/her seat they will be requested to sit at the back of the auditorium for the remainder of the show
- For the safety of our dancers, NO ONE will be allowed to go backstage during the performance to take children home, check on dancers, etc. There will be a stationed guard that will block the entrance for anyone not in the backstage crew during the performance. Backstage crew members will have an assigned backstage lanyard.
- NO PHOTOGRAPHY OR VIDEOTAPING OF ANY KIND IS PERMITTED DURING THE PERFORMANCE.
- It is up to the discretion of The Studio School of Dance Director to remove any audience member, parent/guardian, volunteer, or performer who is disrespectful to any Security, volunteer, Director, or staff member working the Spring Gala.
Photo Day Information
Photos will be taken on Saturday, June 17 with the first appointment starting at 10:00 am, we will meet at Milestone Photography(3735 Florida Ave, Kenner, La 70065 ). It should not take more than 15 minutes per family but it will depend on how cooperative the kids are when taking pictures. We will try our best to stay on track and on time. If there is a gap in the schedule I will push up the times so please schedule yourself for the earliest time you can come. If you have multiple dancers taking photos please include both their names when you sign up for your family time slot. We will overlap if we need to.