Master Class Series presents Ashley Justice
- Monday, November 18th
- 6:00-7:00 pm (Ages 6-7)
- 7:00-8:30 pm (Ages 8 & Up)
- $5.00 NOLA DANCE PROJECT/ CONSERVATORY STUDENTS
- $15.00 GENERAL PUBLIC
About our Instructor:
Ashley Justice is a dancer originally from New Orleans, Louisiana, where her early training ranged from commercial styles to classic concert dance. She earned a BFA in Dance Performance and Choreography from Wichita State University. During her undergraduate studies, she premiered a duet titled “Equipoise” at the American College Dance Festival and an evening length show titled “The Unfolding” at the Litwin Theater. Ashley danced with Wichita Contemporary Dance Theatre, with whom she toured internationally and learned repertoire from Alithea Mime Theatre, Clawson Dances, and works by choreographer Darrell Grand Moultrie. She extended her training at summer workshops with Nathan Trice Rituals, Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company, NOW-id, Sidra Bell Dance New York, and Houston MET Dance Company.
After earning her degree in 2015, Ashley relocated back to New Orleans, where she was an active member of the growing dance community. She was a professional artist with Mélange Dance Company and a touring seasonal performer with Lightwire Theater (as seen on America’s Got Talent). She presented an original solo work at RAW Artists-New Orleans and received her first film credit as a dancer in the Oscar nominated film, Mudbound. Ashley is a participant of the New Orleans Dance Network and has served as a dance educator to various studios in the New Orleans metro area.
She is a currently a free-lance dance artist, based in New York City, where she has performed in the Dumbo Dance Festival, New York City Center, and RAW Artists-Brooklyn. Most recently, Ashley presented her first short dance film titled, Shedded Layers, at Gibney Dance, and continues to expand her artistic expression through multiple artistic mediums.
The Studio School of Dance,along with its youth company NOLA DANCE PROJECT, are thrilled to once again provide the New Orleans dance community with some amazing master classes. Since its inception in 2015, our Master Class Series has provided young dancers with the opportunity to not only take class from professionals of all styles of dance but have had the ability to build long-lasting relationships with them.
Teachers have included:
- Abigail Simon- Former Principal, Joffrey Ballet
- Addie Melcher- Texas Ballet Theatre Company Member
- Leighann Kowalsky- Executive Director of the d’amby project
- Rebecca Allen- Former Dancer, New Dialect
- Allison Walsh- Former Lise Dassin at An American In Paris on Broadway
- Patricia Perez Paz- Former Member, San Francisco Ballet
- Abdel Roque- Director, Naples Dance Conservatory
- Angelina Mullins- Cast Member of Disney’s Aladdin
- Cynthia Newland- Professional Dancer Educator & Health Wellness Expert