Master Class Series
Founder of Dancer’s Hospitality
Dancers ages 9 and up will have the opportunity to explore Street Jazz in a classroom environment. Classes will include a warm up, movements across the floor and choreography.
Dates & Times:
Saturday, September 5th, 12th,19th, & 26th 11:30-12:30 pm
Cost of Class:
Deposit $25 ( this goes towards your remaining balance)
By the class $25.00
Attire: Black Leotard, Black Leggings, Studio t-shirt, Clean sneakers. Please do not wear sneakers to the studio. Bring them in your dance bag. Hair must be pulled back away from the face.
All participants must pre- register for Master Class. Space is limited due to our Covid-19 policy.
About our Instructor:
Malerie Dempster (Luling, Louisiana) is a freelance artist in New York City and a graduate of the Ailey/Fordham BFA Program. Before leaving for NYC, she trained in classical ballet and modern at NOCCA, NOBA, and Myra Mier School of Ballet. Since graduation, Ms. Dempster has performed with many artists, such as Janelle Monáe, Melii, and Deborah Cox around the country in some of the largest stadiums and theaters. Ms. Dempster’s recent projects are Marc Jacobs New York Fashion Week and the upcoming Warner Bros. film, “In the Heights”. She also has choreographed Kevin Gates latest music video, “Fatal Attraction”. Ms. Dempster has her own organization, Dancer’s Hospitality, where she hopes to bridge the gap between southern artists and their dreams by providing master classes and mentoring for high school dancers.
The Studio School of Dance,along with its youth company NOLA DANCE PROJECT, are thrilled to once again provide the New Orleans dance community with some amazing master classes. Since its inception in 2015, our Master Class Series has provided young dancers with the opportunity to not only take class from professionals of all styles of dance but have had the ability to build long-lasting relationships with them.
Teachers have included:
- Abigail Simon- Former Principal, Joffrey Ballet
- Addie Melcher- Texas Ballet Theatre Company Member
- Leighann Kowalsky- Executive Director of the d’amby project
- Rebecca Allen- Former Dancer, New Dialect
- Allison Walsh- Former Lise Dassin at An American In Paris on Broadway
- Patricia Perez Paz- Former Member, San Francisco Ballet
- Abdel Roque- Director, Naples Dance Conservatory
- Angelina Mullins- Cast Member of Disney’s Aladdin
- Cynthia Newland- Professional Dancer Educator & Health Wellness Expert